Hockey Arena and the NIZ-Who benefits? Information Session Announcement
March 12, 2012 | CUNA Staff
Allentown is in need of economic stimulation and growth, but as it stands now who is going to benefit from the Hockey Arena and the NIZ and who isn't?
What assurances or guarantees do current residents have that this development will provide (Jobs, Job Training, Education, and Improved Housing Conditions)?
To work towards gaining such assurances a number of center city congregations, organizations, and community groups convened by Congregations United for Neighborhood Action will be meeting during March to discuss our options moving forward.
- Monday, March 19th 6pm, at St. Stephen Outreach Center 1421 West Turner Street
- Sunday, March 25th 1:30 pm, at Sacred Heart Parish 336 North 4th Street
- TBA, at Resurrected Life Community Church 144 North 9th Street
- Sunday, April 15th 1:30 pm, at Zion United Church of Christ 620 West Hamilton
NIZ - Arena Quick Facts
- The Hockey Arena is $156,000,000 development project slated to be open November 2013
- The Hockey Arena is part of a larger development effort called the Neighborhood Investment Zone (NIZ) composed of 130 acres in Allentown and has an approximate price tag of $800,000,000.